Practicing law since 1968, attorney Alvin H. Kriger has the experience, knowledge and skills to effectively represent you in your estate planning, real estate law or business law legal matters. Alvin H. Kriger, Attorney at Law serves clients in the entire Milwaukee metropolitan area including Waukesha County, Milwaukee County and all surrounding counties.
Alvin H. Kriger is highly educated, highly motivated and highly regarded by other lawyers, financial advisors, accountants and bankers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy and Law Degree from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Master of Laws (in Taxation) from New York University
- Engaged in the practice of law since 1968
- Highest peer review rating for ethical standards and legal ability
- Hundreds of client referrals from other lawyers, financial advisors, accountants and bankers
The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator of a lawyer’s high ethical standards and professional ability, generated from evaluations of lawyers by other members of the bar and the judiciary in the United States and Canada. The first review to establish a lawyer’s rating usually occurs three years after his/her first admission to the bar.
LexisNexis facilitates secure online Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings surveys of lawyers across multiple jurisdictions and geographic locations, in similar areas of practice as the lawyer being rated. Reviewers are asked to assess their colleagues’ general ethical standards and legal ability in a specific area of practice. The ratings appear in all formats of the Martindale-Hubbell® Law Directory, in the online listings on martindale.com®, Lawyers.comSM, on the LexisNexis services, on LexisNexis mobile apps.
Attorney Kriger regularly advises clients involving:
- Elder Law
- Powers of Attorney
- Choice and Organization of Business Entities
- Income, Estate and Gift Taxes
- Real Estate
- Business Succession
Mr. Kriger often receives thank you notes, e-mails and comments from clients or family members expressing satisfaction with his work. Client identity is confidential information so the following are paraphrased from actual client communications.
- This e-mail was sent by Mr. Kriger’s clients to their children. “Some time ago Atty. Alvin Kriger reviewed and updated our estate plan and other important documents. Mom and I found Alvin to be an excellent attorney who took time to make sure our wishes are carried out if and when we are unable to do so. Alvin suggested we go through the plan with all three children so everyone understands what happens upon our death or incapacity.”
- This note was received from a child of Mr. Kriger’s deceased clients. “Thank you for the advice you gave my parents and the documents you prepared for them. We have had no problem accessing their accounts and carrying out their wishes. When my husband’s parents passed with only a simple will the probate cost was over $4000.00 and took over 18 months and the children got into arguments about stuff in the house. I and my brothers avoided all that because everything was spelled out.”
- This note was received from a client. “It’s been almost 5 years since you advised us to set up a gifting trust. Our daughter is grateful for the gifts. We know the money will be used for good things and not be wasted. We have reduced our taxable estate and we have the joy of seeing our child and grandchildren enjoy our good fortune while we are living.”
- From a client. Some 20 years ago I heard about living trusts and my interest was piqued. I went to several seminars and did not feel comfortable with any of the presenters. I later attended a presentation by Mr. Kriger and was immediately impressed with a perfect blend of professionalism and manner that bespoke of real down home caring. I made an appointment with Mr. Kriger and he set up a trust with which I am very comfortable. He explained everything in great detail and invited my adult children to meet with him and us together. There have been questions since and they were addressed in a very patient manner. I wanted changes later on and Mr. Kriger got them expedited quickly and at a reasonable rate. Finally, I have telephoned him several times and he patiently resolved my questions. I would recommend him heartily.